Good Morning!!
I am proud to say I finally "jumped" someone!! :) I gave my first official car jump, and feel so accomplished! LOL! My neighbor and friend's car wouldn't start, so she needed my help! I had no idea what I was doing, but learned how to do it, and know I am capable of doing this in the future! Probably a wise idea to have a set of jumper cables in my car. Looks like that might be a Christmas present for myself! I am happy I was able to help Ashley as she needed to get to Balitmore for her son's doctors appointment!
It is a cold day out, my car had a little bit of frost on it, but nothing compared to how cold it was yesterday! My car had ice on it, and I actually had to start my car to heat it up and melt the ice! Fall is here, and by this early morning weather Winter is close behind. I need to get my butt in gear and buy Micaela and Alyssa winter coats, and check on the hat/gloves situation ASAP! (Stinks money is preventing this from happening sooner. I feel like I am cheating my kids.)
Lil Ladies are finally back in school after having Fall Break. They were off from school for 3 days, and the only one excited to go back was Alyssa! She missed her friends, and her teacher! She has such a close bond with Ms. Lisa! Sierra wasn't excited about having to hobble over the school on crutches, and Micaela didn't really have reason to go or not to go to school this morning!! I am glad they are back!! Driving me bonkers with the "boredom" at home!!
I also feel like a horrible parent because I have YET to get pumpkins for my Lil Ladies, or do anything Fall related with him. Completely stinks, and I had all these fun ideas in my head, and they never became a reality. Money is the root, and I know my Lil Ladies understand. I haven't even purchased a Halloween costume for Micaela. Alyssa's is purchased minus a basket for her to carry with Toto, but when I get paid on Friday I am taking Micaela to the Spirit Halloween store for her to pick out a costume. I also hope on Saturday after Alyssa's Halloween Riding Show that I can take the girls to get pumpkins, or possibly before as Alyssa's Show isn't until 1pm. I think this will make up for my horrible parent feeling I have. (I DISLIKE NOT HAVING MONEY.)
Did I mention that Sierra had knee surgery last Friday?? I do not remember if I posted about it or not. Anywho, she had a Knee Arthroscopy done, and the good news: they couldn't find anything wrong! In two MRI's that were done previously this year it showed she possibly tore her ACL or torn meniscus. To be absolutely sure, and after a 3rd Orthopedic Doctor's opinion, we felt an Arthroscopy was the best solution. Sierra did great, minus her fear of the IV needle! She is now hobbling around on crutches, and doing Physical Therapy 3x a week for a month. We hope this will help to gain her strength back. We go back to the see the Ortho doctor on November 5! She is starting to put some pressure on her leg, and says its hard to straighten her knee as it hurts.
Update on my Tarlov Cyst Saga:
Dr. L's office finally emailed me back yesterday! They sent me a 9 page New Patient packet to fill out and fax back. I filled it out, and sent all 13 pages to them. This included my test results that they requested. I received a voicemail this morning from Dr. L's nurse requesting me to call them to schedule an appointment. I was under the impression he was going to either do a phone consult or send me something via email/mail. I didn't know he wanted to see me. Not sure if this is normal, or abnormal. I sent a message to a woman on FB who referred me to see Dr. L and asked what her experience was. I hope to hear from her soon. I will give it until tomorrow to call the nurse back in hopes I hear from this woman! I am just glad I heard from Dr. L's office! Progress in the right direction!


No comments:
Post a Comment