So I have noticed over the past several days that I am starting to twitch more often, and at times the twitches can be uncomfortable :( I was laying bed, relaxing and watching TV when I noticed that my arms twitched and a little bit later my legs started to twitch. They didn't last long at all, but it was rather annoying. Just another symptom I have to endure, and deal with. I am starting to become angry about having to constantly live in pain, and deal with pressure on my sacral tailbone. The Tarlov Cyst is putting pressure on my nerves, and I firmly believe this is what is causing my twitching. I am taking pain medications to deal with everything, but some days are worse than others! I am noticing a pattern of my good days and bad days. Seems when the weather is cold, and rainy my pain is higher. I am not sure if any correlation exists, but I am keeping track of my symptoms and see what happens in the future. I am patiently waiting for October 21 to come as I hope to hear from Dr. L's office. I would love to be able to have his professional opinion on my reports. I am so confused on what to think or do. IF I trusted my current Orthopedic doctor I wouldn't be this eager to hear from Dr. L. I wasn't expecting this type of result from the reports, and have decided to not do anything drastic yet, and wait a bit. I have a follow up with the Orthopedic in November, and will keep that appointment. I am debating PT, but keep talking myself out of it as I know it is the smarter choice after all the reading I have done with Tarlov Cysts. Part of me wants to seek out another OT if I do not hear from Dr. L, but I guess I will cross that path when I need to.
Maybe I will meet some amazing people from the 2 facebook groups I am part of. I joined 2 more groups last night, but these are for people who have Spina Bifida Occulta, and the chronic pain they live in. I received a diagnosis of having this as well, but haven't really read up on it, or find "support groups" for those. One diagnosis at a time. I feel the more knowledge and insight I have about this, the easier it will be for me to understand. The more information I can gather, and educate myself on. I didn't realize SO many people are like me, and live in pain. Pain from the same thing! It truly is a small world. The more I talk about Tarlov Cysts, and the journey with it the more I can educate others, and possibly meet others.
To switch gears...
I came across this website the other day. I actually heard it on the local country music station, 103.7 WXCY. They were talking about it being "National Chocolate Cupcake Day", and that he knew this as he views a website daily, National Day Calender. For example, today is "National Seafood Bisque Day" & if you click on the link it provides for the "National" Day, it will give you some history behind the day! Very neat, and educational! I bookmarked the website, and hope to reference it from time to time. :)
I received a very sweet facebook message yesterday morning from a woman who has "mentored" me in the past when I was questioning my Faith & doubting myself. She helped me to heal a few wounds and let me see the light again. Light in the Lord, and love for myself. Her message was to let me know that she wrote a book, and it is on Amazon, and can be purchased digitally. It can be downloaded right to my Kindle!! I am excited, and hope to purchase it soon! Here is the link to her book, Good God: An Introduction to the God You've Never Heard About. She also has a Blog, and I follow it as she always has good reads. I promise you will enjoy her Blog! I am honored to know her personally, and to know she has impacted my life in more ways than ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment