Monday, December 5, 2016

I survived last night okay and slept rather well after watching alot of You Tube channels I needed to get caught up on. It has been awhile since I made myself relax and just do something mindless I enjoy. I made myself a Rum and Coke, and just got lost in You Tube and eventually drifted off into Lala land. I love watching sailing and Rv channels. They make me happy, and allow me to dream. I would love to be able to do both one day, but if I had to pick one, it would be sailing. I would love to own at 42-44 foot boat, and learn how to sail. I would love for the wind to carry me, and for me to just see different parts of the world and enjoy nature at its finest. My husband introduced me to sailing as it started out as a passion of his, and now I am hooked. Some day I would love to learn how to sail, even if it is just on the Atlantic side. Maybe some day I will have enough money to take lessons, and fulfill an inner dream I have of overcoming a big accomplishment. I think a woman can sail just as amazing as a man, and navigate such a beast. :) Right now money is a serious issue, and barely have any is horrible. This can be saved for later in relation to a blog post.

Yesterday was Paisley's birthday, she turned 2! I admit I forgot it was the 4th and her birthday until I saw a picture of Paisley's brother, Cozmo, and he was 2!! Such a bad pet owner I am. I was so wrapped up into other things, I forgot :(  We did celebrate last night buy putting 2 candles on an ice cream dish. At first she wasn't scared of her ice cream dish, but with the 2 candles lit she became skittish! She certainly enjoyed a few licks of it, yes it was vanilla!! She posed quickly for the camera with her #2 sign.  We are so blessed to have Paisley in our lives, she has brought so much happiness to our lives. She definitely is a spoiled dog, and we love her so much.

We also had a "Girl Power" moment yesterday as we went to get our real tree. Since my husband didn't come along to get the tree this year, we took matters into our own hands. I invited one of my best friends to come along as well, and together we would make girl power come alive! We had some of our children with us, as together we have 8. 4 of our children were with us, 3 of them being little! We had a nice time, took a wagon ride down to the field. We picked our saws and sleds, and off to find the perfect little tree for us.  it didn't take us long to find our little tree, and cut it down.Cutting down a little tree is alot harder than one thinks. I was literally  on the ground cutting it, and laughing. Girl power at its finest. Such a sense of accomplishment for me to cut down the tree. I felt more accomplished bringing the tree home, and putting it in the stand with Sierra, and the tree standing straight! Total happy accomplishment for this Mama!! Tree looks beautiful, and Alyssa is a very happy camper. We started the tradition last year with getting a second tree, and having it be a real one. We went to a really nice family tree farm, and went back again this year!! It will be a yearly tradition form now on!! :) I will post some pictures of the decorated tree soon.

Sierra participated in the local Christmas parade this weekend with her dance troupe. They all did a great job, and Sierra looked beautiful in her costume. They danced the entire parade line, and it was over an hour long. 




No comments: