Monday, November 3, 2014

This is my Halloween post, just a few days late!!

Halloween 2014
We had a wonderful Halloween this year! I have been planning my theme costume with Alyssa for almost a year. I told myself last year that I wanted to do the Wizard of Oz theme with my family, but unfortunately my older Lil Ladies wanted nothing to do with this idea :( I was still going to do this idea, and I am so glad I did!! I just needed to decide what character I wanted to be as I knew Alyssa was going to be Dorothy! I finally decided to be the Tinman, and figured my costume was going to be easy to find and assemble. HAHAHAH! It was a lot harder than I imagined and came up empty until a few days before Halloween! I scored my costume at Kmart, where I found silver clothes. I was so excited to have most of my costume. I just needed to purchase a funnel and some silver spray paint. I found those items at the local hardware store. Sierra spray painted the funnel and it turned out awesome. My costume was complete, Alyssa's was complete too. She didn't want to carry a basket or have a Toto dog, so I figured I would skip that part. She didn't want hair ribbons either. Gotta love two year olds! Sierra was a Lady Bug, and used the costume I wore last year. Worked out well. Micaela based her costume off a mask she found at the Spirit Halloween store (I already posted about her costume choice.) and we were able to pull together something she liked. She didn't go Trick or Treating with us this year as she went with her dad, but Sierra, Alyssa and I had a great time in our neighborhood. The weather was a bit chilly, but we were only out for an hour. It was only us this year, no friends joined us. We took our time, and Alyssa went to every house that had a light on. She loved picking out the candy herself, and became irritated when the neighbors gave her candy. LOL! She wanted to diligently pick out the candy she wanted, and even threw a fit about it. LOL! I am glad we took the stroller with us, because towards the end she became tired, and need a "ride". One house spooked Alyssa as it had scary music playing, big blow up decorations, and people dressed in scary costumes. They were scaring all of the Trick or Treaters, but they heard Alyssa crying and were nice enough to take off the masks, and just talk to her. I appreciate that they did that, and she ended up being fine. Poor Littlest Lady was scared. We chatted with our neighbors before going in for the night! I am blessed to have nice neighbors, and who adore my Lil Ladies. We ended the night skyping my dad and stepmom. Alyssa loves talking to Papa and Sue on the computer. She showed them her costume, and all of the candy she received. She was testing out the lollipops by eating them. Papa thought this was funny and cute! I am glad we called them as it made everyone's night. Alyssa was so hyper afterwards, and getting her ready for bed. WOWSA!! I finally won the battle, and was able to put her to bed with success. I watched TV afterwards and settled down. I was exhausted and really tired. Sierra watched some Netflix, and Micaela checked in with me when she arrived at her friends house for the sleepover. She had a fun time Trick or Treating with her friend, and was about to go to a bonfire. I am glad she had a great time, but missed her so much already!!



Micaela had her 6th grade Business (Math) Expo on Thursday! She had to create a business with a group and figure everything out! The girls decided on the name Candy Queens & sold Chocolate Popcorn, Candy Kabobs, and have a raffle prize. The girls worked nicely together and sold over $50.00 They worked well together as a team, and all contributed evenly. Micaela made over 50 bags of popcorn for this, and sold about 30. I guess popcorn wasn't a big hit, but it is okay! She had fun, was excited to able to skip her classes, and hang out with her friends and sell yummy treats. The girls made matching shirts to wear, and they were very cute! They even wore tiaras, except Micaela wasn't very fond of this idea!! :) The money they earned was going to go to a class trip early next year!



No comments: