Sunday, March 12, 2017

3/12/17
Hello!! It's been well over a month since I last blogged, and well again no real reason as to why I do not keep with it, and come back regularly to update and just write all my feelings down. I think part of the reason I do not post more often is I do not know who really reads my blog anymore, or keeps up with it. I do not think my audience is big, not that it really matters. I made this blog years ago for myself, and memories to look back on. I am kicking myself now that I didn't keep up, and am making a promise to myself to do so. I want to be able to look back on my blog, and read some amazing memories, and share my thoughts and feelings with others. I want it to be a place that if something ever happens to me that my Lil Ladies, husband, friends, and family can see how I felt about life, them, and everything inbetween. I have learned lately that life is really short, and anything can happen in a blink of an eye. We truly take like for granted, and I know that I need to take it more seriously in some aspects, hence why I want to make that promise to myself to do a better job at blogging and writing down stuff that happens or is on my mind, even if I am the only one that reads it. I am not going to be terribly concerned with the grammar and sentence structure, yet along paragraph structure, as it is not my strong area. To all that know me know this is a true statement and my mama would be the first to tell you it is her #1 pet peeve about me. She is the grammar/english nazi, one trait I did not pick up from her. haha!

So much has happened since 2017 has begun. I feel like my life is coming together nicely for me, and I am not having so many dark days like I was in mid 2016. Don't get me wrong, I am still without my husband at home, and I desperately want him back home, but I am done "begging" and "pleading" with him. He knows how I feel, he knows what I want, and it up to him to decide what he wants in his life, and if he wants to come home and make a 100% go with his family. Don't get me wrong, we are doing awesome, and I see a major difference in him. He is really working on himself, and I see major progress. I honestly didn't think we would make it this far, and I would be dealing with the D word, but complete opposite. He is friendly, talkative, more affectionate and we are doing more together as a couple and family. Truly stepped up his game. We are also communicating better, and able to work through things if need be. I am still fairly quiet around him, picking my battles and watching what I say. I dont want to "rock the boat" if it doesnt need to be rocked, and just deal with a lot myself. I know it isn't fair to me, but honestly not worth the struggle or issues with him. I guess its part of being the bigger person in a marriage. We will see what happens. I can tell you that we will be spending a lot of time together in the future, as we have embarked on a new adventure. An adventure that we have been discussing for 2 years. 2 years of many talks, watching videos, and finally taking the plunge to do!! I am sure you are wondering what I am talking about, haha! Guess I will be sharing that adventure soon, but first I want to get caught up with my life so you all know whats going on, and then I can express myself freely on any and all subjects.

Lets see, an update on myself and Lil Ladies!! We are in countdown mode for Sierra's graduation- May 22!! How did this date come up so fast?? She is ready for highschool to be behind her and for her future to start. She has been enjoying time with her friends, and has really become close with a sweet girl, whom she has known her entire life. Crazy how long they waited to come close. Sierra has been very busy with finishing up the yearbook as it has been her baby all year. She is the editor of the book, and honestly has spent MANY hours making it perfect, and is proud of herself. I am proud of her for taking on such a big project, I hope she continues to work on her yearbook skills at college. Did I mention that she was accepted to her #1 choice, Alvernia University?? She will be living at home with my Mama, and just be a commuter which I think she will like better than living on campus. Sierra attempted to apply to the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program, but needs a better GPA to gain acceptance. We knew it was slim, but she will be able to apply her Sophomore year when she claims her major. She will start as a Biology major!! She will be auditioning for the dance team, try outs in April. She is excited about this. We have her Acceptance day on 3/18, the first official start to her Freshman year!! :) Prom is coming up as well, her dress it purchased, just need to get it altered.

Micaela is growing up fast, and almost finished her 8th grade year!! She is excelling in her classes and has excellent marks, high honors. She works hard for her grades, and obviously shows :) She continues to be involved with 4H, and enjoys herself. She is the secretary for her club, and has come to realize it is a lot of work, but something she enjoys. She is also involved with Horse Bowl, but not as excited as she was the 2 years before. She is going to finish the season out, but has no idea if/when she is going to States for competition. She participated last year, and I was able to attend with her. If she goes this year, her dad will be going. She continues her riding lessons, and has been leasing the horse she rides. His name is Digger, and the bond they have is good. He challenges her, and it is what she needs. Unfortunately she hasn't been riding as much due to the cold weather, and timing of events occurring. Hopefully the weather will warm up soon and she can ride several times a week. Micaela has also taken up tumbling, and takes a weekly private class. A workout indeed! She enjoys flipping and doing acrobats, so why not! She is involved with the school play this year for middle school. They are doing Aladdin Junior, and she has the part of the Magic Carpet, totally fit for Micaela!! LOL. She seems to enjoy doing this with her friends. Soccer season starts as well, and I am sure she will make the team! She will be a busy girl, but if anyone knows Micaela, she is completely capable of handling all of it. Words can not express how proud I am of Micaela, and all her accomplishments. She truly amazes me in all she does, and I know I do not tell her enough. She deserves so much more recognition than I give her, and soon I need to let her know just how proud I am, and how talented she is. Its hard being the middle child with having and older sister who is involved with just as much and a younger sister who needs me a lot, and has alot of medical appts. My heart breaks as I can't spend as much time with her as I want. Ok, I got extremely side tracked with my updates, and am inserting thoughts where they do not belong. :)

Anyways, we just got back from having some ice cream as a family from Dairy Queen. Alyssa is in bed due to the time change, and was getting sleepy. I am winding down for the evening and spending time with Ian and watching You Tube videos on how to make sailing pillows! A great Sunday evening, lol.. I will share the rest of my update tomm and make sure I touch on: Alyssa, my SIL's sudden death, and the impact it has had on me. I will also share my charity idea.

Sweet dreams!

No comments: